- What books would you suggest on Candlestick charting?
- I read your recent article (Shares August 2002) in which you described the candlestick reversal patterns "Hammer" and "Hanging Man". Are they buy and sell signals respectively?
- What is the importance of the candles for 20 May, 5, 11, 14, and 24 June 2002 on MIM?
- Which is more useful, bar charting or candlestick charting?
- There is a conflict in the definition of a Dark Cloud Cover and Piercing Line reversal signals in two books that I am currently studying. To illustrate the difference I will use the Dark Cloud Cover. Louis Bedford emphasizes the body-to-body relationships and states that for the Dark Cloud Cover, the second black candle will open above the close of the first white candle, and then penetrate 50% or more. Greg Morris's definition is that the second black candle will open above the high of the first white candle, and then penetrate 50% or more. I currently live with this by accepting both but assume that Greg Morris's version of the Dark Cloud Cover is slightly stronger than Louise's version. However, it would be nice to know the rules before going on to break them.
- Could you please tell me how a candle is drawn in a candlestick chart?