MY INVESTMENT METHOD
Select another keyword
- How is your plan to buy stocks selling below value carried out in a market where most stocks are at or above fair value?
- Why have Listed Investment Companies been in your portfolio recently?
- I have looked at your portfolio in relation to their charts. The buys, mostly I can see, but a lot of the sells I can't work out.
- The prices of some of my stock have moved well above my stop. What should I do?
- Do you have some kind of corrective measure if your analysis of the current phase of the market turns out to be wrong or premature?
- How do you manage the end of a bull market?
- At what level do you conclude that you've missed the boat and are now in greater fool territory?
- I think I read somewhere that you often require a share to "prove its case" by exceeding a previous high by 2%.
- How far do you chase prices?
- Do you make decisions during the week, or only at weekends from your weekly charts?
- Can a new significant trough occur before the price goes beyond its last peak?
- In determining when a new significant trough has been established, do you wait for the price to surpass the previous peak, before raising your stop to a new level?
- When you started to invest in the stock market what it was like for you? Did you start off dumbly investing until you got confident using some of your concepts? Did you have some big losses to start with, miss you stop loss points etc?
- What do you do if a correction in the market seems imminent?
- Why is taxation not mentionedin your investment plan?
- At the end of a bull market, why sell the stocks with the least gain first?
- I have been told that your investment plan involves pyramiding. Could you please explain this aspect of your plan?
- If you take a position according to your investment plan and it fails to move, when do you give up on it?
- Dr Elder risks a maximum of 6% on all of his positions at one time. What is your total risk in the various market phases?
- In early 2004 you increased your portfolio holdings significantly. Does this indicate increased confidence in the market?
- What industry experience do you have?
- Is the portfolio that you disclose on your web site real money, or just on paper?
- Is there a minimum capital requirement for your method to work satisfactorily?
- Does your method automatically go quiet when conditions are unfavourable for buying shares?
- Does your method rely on computer charting and daily updating to work, and if so, what are the requirements?
- In general terms, how does your method work, and how would I monitor for opportunities?
- Which one indicator is best to identify strongly trending markets?