BEAR MARKET STRATEGY
- Does the Coppock indicator falling below zero mean we are heading into a bear market (January 2016)?
- Late October 2015: How do we decide a correction in a bull is not a bear market before its too late?
- What do you think about trading options in a bear market?
- Why don't you use a bear fund to trade bear markets rather than standing aside in cash?
- Which Dow phase are we currently in (early 2001) and when are we likely to see an entry point?
- Should we keep watching the charts in a bear market?
- The Dow and the All Ords have proved much more resilient than I expected. I've been mostly out of the market for a year. At what point in time does the recent upward run (to first week of May 2001) in the Dow remain only a bear correction and not a continuation of the Bull Run - when the Dow goes to a new high?
- It seems that the bull run has all but ended (early January 2001). Should I be trying to trade the bear market, or is there no alternative to waiting for a new bull market?
- I have been making a transition from buying mutual funds on a long term basis to buying stocks on a short term basis and selling short a little bit. I assume we are now (December 2000) in the phase 2 of a bear market. Would you advise me to sell my mutual funds now and do you have any other recommendations to help me with my transition?